Monday, July 8, 2013

DAY 8 of 31 DAY ART CHALLENGE!

DAY 8
 OF 31 DAY ART CHALLENGE!

PORTRAIT SERIES: 

"CHRISTIAN"


9X12" ORIGINAL PASTEL PAINTING
BY Barbara J. Mason
 PRIVATE COLLECTION 

Today I experimented with a different type of paper. 
I typically use a sanded or soft rag paper, but
I found a tablet of Canson Pastel Paper and decided to give it a try.
 I really like the smooth surface and the fact that it allows me
 to produce  really thin and straight lines. 
This is a challenge with the sanded surfaces.
 With the Canson Pastel Paper I was able to apply multiple thin layers of soft pastels. 
I wasn't able to add as many layers as with the sanded surfaces,
but enough to create the desired depth and  color intensity.  
Next I will try a landscape and a floral
painting on this surface and see how things turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...