Saturday, October 23, 2010

Past- els to Present


 Past-els (Past) to Present , I am reflecting back on some of my earlier work in this post. I painted these morning glories in watercolor but I was not truely satisfied with the background. After success with "Before the Dance" background painting, I thought I would re-work or soften up this background as well. I used Rembrant, Schmincke, and Sennelier soft pastel sticks to create soft background. I recently learned that this technique is called "bokeh".  In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur,
 in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points .
I like the contrast of sharp edges and soft midtones
 that this technique adds to my paintings.
I also added a few more dew drops and enhanced the existing water droplets.
This image of morning glories was captured early in the morning , just before opening.
With the red orange and yellow flowers un-opened, the resemble chilli peppers!


Earlier Painting: "Spanish Flag (morning glories) by Barbara J. Mason
 ____________________________________________________________________________


New background on "Spanish Flag (morning glories) by Barbara J. Mason
Spanish Flag Morning Glories :
Watercolor & Pastel Painting : $850.00




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...