Monday, April 9, 2012

Exhibit at Arlington Museum Of Art

A Walk With C.S. Lewis, at Arlington Museum of Art.
I will have two pieces of artwork in the exhibit.
"Corridor of Contemplation" (shown above) and "Finding My Door".
This artwork reflects my artistic interpretation of
A Place To Wait In- "Mere Christianity "by C.S. Lewis.

Artwork Title: Corridor of Contemplation

This is my full artist Inspiration Statement!

"Mere" Christianity is like a hall out of which doors open into several rooms.

We are led to this hallway seeking what God has for us,

His ultimate plan and mission for each individual life.

Inside each door is a unique room designed just for you.

In the hallway that Lewis describes ,

I imagined a corridor with all types of people. People seeking ,

praying , interceding and patiently awaiting for God's wisdom and guidance.

In my painting I imagine the corridor is long and broad

with lanterns lit to illuminate the pathway.

I created a hallway that is grand yet simplistically designed.

Imagine individuals making multiple attempts to find the door

that enters into their room, and others lingering

in the hallway with uncertainty .

Lewis states, " that the hallway is not a place to live or

camp out", merely a place to wait until you hear from the Lord

regarding which direction you should go.

In my Christian journey I have been in this corridor many times

and I have opened doors an visited may rooms.

I don't believe there is just one door or just one room for each of us.

I believe there is a door for each spiritual level that God takes us through.

This Hallway will always lead to the" True Door" for your specified time,

purpose and season that God has ordained for you.

My Scripture Inspiration is:

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV)

This is also my faith statement and the origin of the name

for my Greeting card business,

"N DUE SEASON".

www.ndueseason.com

____________________________________________________

This is my full Artist Inspiration Statement for the painting titled:
"Finding My Door".

This second painting also relates to C.S. Lewis writing " A Place To Wait In."

Lewis describes Christianity being like a hallway with many doors.

In the hallway that C.S. Lewis writes about a hallway that leads

to the" True Door" for your specific time, purpose and season

that God has ordained for you.

Once inside the door there is a room that is worth waiting to enter.

I envision my door looking like this painting.

Chosen not because of its colorful appearance but

when examined carefully, my door is weathered with the trials

and experiences of my life. A rustic beauty that stands strong regardless

of its size, climatic changes or threat of destruction.

This door represents the artistic level of my life. After seeking

and praying for direction God led me to this door, that is filled with color and life.

The flower pot in front of my door signifies life and growth.

Once inside the room I am surrounded with the company of great artist

and the room is bursting with creativity.

My Scripture inspiration is:

In all they ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6 KJV

This scripture was given to me by my adopted church mother when I was a young girl!

This is the main reason why I can personally relate to C.S. Lewis regarding this topic.

______________________________________________

For more details go to: http://www.awalkwithcslewis.com/ or
http://arlingtonmuseum.org/exhibitions/artist-showcase-exhibit/

Reception is held April 20, 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the AMA.

Dr. David Naugle, Chair of the Philosophy Dept. at DBU will be sharing a lecture on C.S. Lewis entitled, "With Their Christianity Latent" a quote from Lewis' work, God in the Dock. This will be held May 17th 2-3 p.m. at the AMA. We are honored to have him as our guest speaker.

All the art work has been inspired by the life and writing of C.S. Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...