Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Exploring with Pastel

After trying colored pencil, I thought I would give pastel painting a try. There were a few pastel pencils mixed in with colored pencils, so I though , "why not"? I like the softness of pastels. Blending was a bit tricky and so was producing fine lines with a fat pastel stick. With a few home made tools and a lot  of patience, I was off to my first pastel painting, titled: "Pink Glow". Below is a step-by-step process of creationg "Pink Glow" rose pastel painting. Enjoy the process!!!!

Step #1 "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason


Step #2 "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason


Step #3 "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason


Step #4 "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason


Step #5  "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason


 Final Step  "Pink Glow" Artist: Barbara J. Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...